Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Graf #11

It is with a small tinge of regret and sadness that I write this last graph. This class has really built some confidence for me as a writer. I admit that when I began this I thought I was a pretty good writer. After weeks and weeks of writing every day just a little bit I went back and checked out my earlier pieces and I was blown away at the difference. It has been a humbling experience in many respects, making me realize that I started with much less skill than I thought I did. I have watched the skill develop and the freedom to simply write what I wanted made it something I looked forward to. I would often be mad that I wrote my freestyle on one thing when another idea popped up later that week. It was almost therapeutic when you think about it. The notes were also very helpful, it was sometimes like a puzzle to figure out what they meant but they were always good natured and constructive. All in all I can only thank you for a very enjoyable and educational experience that I will take quite a bit from.
Matt Lee

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

I'm not afraid of puzzling students as long as puzzlement doesn't lead to undue frustration, which, in your case, wasn't your reaction.

Truth is, the better the writer the less I worry about puzzling him....