Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Graf #2

A thousand times you told me, Miss May, that you were wasting your time with pathetic little 'wierdos' like me. 'That's O.K.' you said, "somebody has to empty the garbage." Eventually, I gave up and believed you. I decided your class would be better spent in dreams. One boring drone was indistinguishable from the next so one might as well just drift off. Asleep I at least had a 50/50 chance of enjoying your class. Then the drone became a scream. Roused from my revery very irreverently I started at the heavily blemished and unpleasant face suddenly so close to mine. She panted, flushed with barely contained rage, and waved a pudgy fist. Waddling back to her desk she sat back heavily on her massive haunches, her comicly overstressed chair groaning in protest. Her beady blue eyes spit lightning and she pointed a finger screaming "the next words out of my mouth are gonna be 'get out!' Get out!" A large woman but a small person. A tiny bully won again. I skulked down to the office happy to be out of the witch's cauldron.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Whew, the details here are devastating, and, if I hadn't read so many of these sorts of stories over the year, would be hard to believe. Never fear, though, I believe every sad word....