Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Graf #6

What do you want to write about?
The formation of the State of Israel.

What do you want to find out about your topic?
How the formation of Israel has impacted the world and the current mideast situation.


What are your questions about the topic?

1. How did the settlers gain control of enough land to found Israel in a mainly Arab owned territory?

2. What is the United States connection with Israel?

3. Was (and is) there really a credible threat to Israel and her allies?

How does it connect to your life?
I have personally sailed in defense of my homeland to the middle east during the sanctions against Iraq. This doesn't just connect to me though, I think it is a topic of import to the whole country. This affects us all every time we step up
to the gas pump.

Give three reasons you like the topic

1. I enjoy studying war. The study of war is the study of the history of war and the political failures and reasons that led to it. It is also the easiest way to prevent it.

2. I am a Christian and the foundation of the state of Israel was phrophesied by the bible. I am always interested in studies of the fulfillment of prophesy.

3. The Jewish people and their culture, history, and language is of neverending interest.

Give three ways your life might change if you answer your questions

1. I might have more to talk about with conservatives.

2. I might make more responsible voting decisions based on the candidates views on the situation.

3. I might be able to illuminate others more effectively.

Reaction:

Firstly, these seem a bit overwhelming. The amount of detail and research will definitely be challenging but I am anxious to try. The paper about brewing beer really touched me. This is an issue that really hits right at the heart of the matter. I think I really will take the time to study that paper and it's wonderful language to see what I can take out of it and apply in my life. The Wedding Cake was actually very rewarding. Being a culinary arts student I took quite a bit from it that I can really use. The shooting and wooden boats were informative but did not hold my interest while the paper on Fatherhood seemed to hit on many issues I have in my own past. The author shared a lot of very personal details and showed great courage and honesty. Overall the impression I get from them is that a good one will keep the readers interest and then leave them with something to really think about. Even if it is just when I can start my Oktoberfest brewing.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

This is a stretch as an isearch topic. The trick to isearch is to apply what you learn to your own personal experience and needs. If you were cruising the Med and hearign the scuttlebutt about the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty. that would be tighter tie-in. If you were ready to drop out of school because your reading of Revelation tells you Armageddon will be here before Labor Day, that might be a tie-in.

But the questions you're asking lead this in the direction away from an isearch. So, I kick it back to you, not to say no, which I can't and won't say, but for you to consider how to do what you want and at the same time write an isearch.